9 Alberta companies to learn from Alberta’s top entrepreneurs
Calgary, Canada – AccelerateAB, the grassroots technology conference that has grown into one of the largest innovation showcases in Western Canada, has revealed the nine Alberta startups selected to participate in the prestigious Startup Advising Sessions for 2019.
“Our Startup Advising Sessions are really what AccelerateAB is all about – creating meaningful collisions for our province’s technology companies,” says Cynthia van Sundert, Executive Director of The A100, the organization that powers AccelerateAB. “We are empowering these startups to learn from leading Alberta entrepreneurs who have been there, done that — and to really use what they learn to take their business to the next level.”
By the end of the sessions, the selected companies will have experienced inspiring presentations, storytelling and scaling workshops, pitch coaching sessions and customized 1:1 workshops. They will also have the opportunity to pitch their startup to more than 700 AccelerateAB attendees.
The startups selected for the 2019 Startup Advising Sessions are (in alphabetical order):
- 2S Water Incorporated: 2S Water is developing a sensor that will detect contaminants before they reach the water supply, stopping them at the water treatment plant.
- Bodiometer: Bodiometer provides a real-time biomechanics assessment iOS App for clinicians to quickly track objective movement data of the patients – including posture, range of motion, and complex functional movements.
- BoxofDocs: BoxOfDocs is an industry-specific SaaS online research tool that streamlines the process of searching for industry best practices and template documents.
- FarCloser Travel Inc.: FarCloser Travel connects people through travel by making it easier to find authentic multi-day trips not likely found at local travel agencies.
- Frame: Frame empowers Canadians to make the right financial decisions by providing unbiased, affordable, and convenient financial advice – all online.
- Neuraura Biotech Inc.: Neuraura is at the forefront of the fastest growing fields in MedTech with neuro sensors which will unlock the fields of neuromodulation and brain machine interface.
- Oro Services Inc.: Oro is the bank for the unbanked, helping Filipino immigrants and foreign workers in Canada send money to their families in minutes instead of days.
- Provision Analytics: Provision Analytics has built a platform specifically for Food Safety, Provenance, Trust and Traceability to help the food ecosystem meet the demands of food safety compliance.
- Smart Access: Smart Access has created an IoT platform to help retailers deliver the know-how to their workforces so they can focus on their customers.
The Startup Advising Sessions Selection Committee is comprised of leaders in Alberta’s innovation and technology ecosystem. This year’s members were Andrea Drager, Vice President, Azure Capital Partners; Joon Chan, Partner, Assurance, PwC Management Services LP; Ha Nguyen, Vice President, McRock Capital; Christiana Manzocco, Manager of Industry Development, Alberta Enterprise Corporation; and Tim Hodge, Vice-Chair, The A100.
The Startup Advising Sessions take place at the TELUS Convention Centre in Calgary on the afternoon of Monday, April 15, 2019. Though the Startup Advising Sessions are an invite-only event, tickets are available for the AccelerateAB conference at www.AccelerateAB.com.
Cynthia van Sundert
Executive Director, The A100
cynthia at thea100 dot org
+1 403 690 9339
meghan at theagencyinc dot ca
+1 587 899 0615
AccelerateAB is the province’s flagship technology conference that celebrates the best of Alberta’s technology scene. It is an annual conference that brings together leaders, investors, influencers and supporters of Alberta’s technology ecosystem, with the goal of leveraging the success of the next generation of technology entrepreneurs across the province.
The event is backed by high-profile and successful leaders in the industry and is powered by The A100, a member-driven group of Alberta’s most noteworthy technology entrepreneurs.