A community of top tech and innovation leaders.
Every A100 member plays a role in supporting the next generation of Alberta tech and innovation leaders.
Why join the A100?
The A100’s culture of giving back has a powerful impact on our innovation ecosystem. Informed by our own experience as founders and leaders, we understand the value of mentorship, coaching and advising. We pay it forward by volunteering our time and expertise for the next generation of tech and innovation leaders.
Our knowledge and network are more concentrated, we’re more influential with government bodies and we’re more accessible to other founders and peer organizations supporting the success of tech startups.
Connect with select individuals who can open you up to new thinking and new opportunities, as well as help you with real-world business and founder advice.
Level-up your founder journey with the experience, insight and credibility of the A100 behind you.
The A100 works collaboratively, locally and globally, to have a positive impact and create long-term value.
Qualifications to join
It takes in-the-trenches startup experience and a commitment to the Alberta tech community to
become a member of the A100. To seek nomination, applicants must meet the following criteria and enlist the support of three current A100 members:
Have you “been there, done that” and built a successful company as a founder or a C-Level executive? To qualify as an A100 member applicants must have the skills, experience, expertise and network that can help Alberta startups increase their chances of success.
To apply for membership – applicants must meet this criteria:
- Have scaled a technology-intense business that has used its proprietary technology as a source of competitive advantage
And meet at least two of the three criteria below:
- Have built a technology company with significant market cap reflective of industry
- Have generated annual revenues of at least $5 Million (CAD)
- Have successfully exited their technology company
Applicants are also required to make a commitment of participation and engagement. To apply you must consent to:
- Have the interest and ability to provide great advice to fellow A100 members and Alberta’s tech startup community
- Maintain a broad network of contacts and be willing to leverage it for the benefit of the Alberta tech community
- Attend A100 and ecosystem events e.g. AccelerateAB Conference, Inventure$, Startup Calgary & Startup Edmonton Launch Party, pitch events, panel discussions, and lunch & learn sessions amongst many others
If you need some more time to accumulate this experience, we welcome you to reach out to current members to get to know us.
The Application Process
The A100 invites new member applications 3x a year in January, April and October. Only a limited number of applicants are accepted each intake.
The Board of Directors review applications based on merit and how they meet The A100’s by-laws and requirements. The committee maintains the right to not extend an offer of admission to all applicants.
Learn more about admission requirements and the process to apply in our 2-pager on the application process.
Steps to become a member
The A100 accepts new members three times a year. January 1, April 1 and October 1. Here’s the path to membership.
- Online application
- Candidate application review by A100
- Call with A100 Membership Chair
- A100 Board ratifies successful candidates
- New member onboarding
All prices in CAD.
$500initiation fee+$1000annual membership dues
(Prorated depending on month of admission)
$1000per year membership dues
(January 1 – December 31)
Members will receive an invoice to renew membership each December for the coming year.
Become an A100 Member
We're better together. Create fellowship among leaders in tech and innovation through common purpose, shared wisdom and mutual support.