A community of top tech and innovation leaders.
Every A100 member plays a role in supporting the next generation of Alberta tech and innovation leaders.
Why join the A100?
The A100’s culture of giving back has a powerful impact on our innovation ecosystem. Informed by our own experience as founders and leaders, we understand the value of mentorship, coaching and advising. We pay it forward by volunteering our time and expertise for the next generation of tech and innovation leaders.
Our knowledge and network are more concentrated, we’re more influential with government bodies and we’re more accessible to other founders and peer organizations supporting the success of tech startups.
The A100 is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
We have made it a priority to do our part to help eliminate discrimination and promote opportunity equity with regards to age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, or pregnancy or maternity within our membership and throughout the broader tech community.
Connect with select individuals who can open you up to new thinking and new opportunities, as well as help you with real-world business and founder advice.
Level-up your founder journey with the experience, insight and credibility of the A100 behind you.
The A100 works collaboratively, locally and globally, to have a positive impact and create long-term value.
Qualifications to join
It takes in-the-trenches startup experience and a commitment to the Alberta tech community to become a member of the A100. To seek nomination, applicants must meet the following criteria and enlist the support of three current A100 members:
Have you “been there, done that” and built a successful company as a founder or a C-Level executive? To qualify as an A100 member applicants must have the skills, experience, expertise and network that can help Alberta startups increase their chances of success.
To apply for membership – applicants must meet this criteria:
- Have scaled an Alberta-based (HQ) technology-focused business that has used its proprietary technology as a source of competitive advantage
- Provide referrals from three (3) current A100 Charter Members
- Are committed to participating in the A100’s mission to inspire the next generation of tech and innovation leaders. This means engaging in A100 programs and our communities in an inclusive, respectful and professional manner
- Have founded or operated a technology-focused company with significant market cap reflective of industry
- Have generated annual revenues of at least $5 Million (CAD)
- Have successfully exited their technology company
- Have the interest and capacity to provide quality advice to fellow A100 members and throughout the tech startup community
- Maintain a broad network of contacts and be willing to leverage it for the benefit of the broader tech community
- Attend A100 and ecosystem events such as AccelerateAB Roundtables, member socials, pitch events, panel discussions, Lunch & Learns, and more.
Who may apply:
Eligibility for the A100 Associate Membership is as follows:
- Applicants and companies must be based in Alberta
- Must have and maintain a company profile on StartAlberta.ca
- Applications must include a referral from one current A100 Charter Member
- Membership fee: $400/per person for full calendar year beginning January 1 (annual dues); if joining on April 1 or October 1, annual fee will be prorated to the onboarding date
The Application Process
The A100 invites new member applications 3x a year in January, April and October. Only a limited number of applicants are accepted each intake.
The Board of Directors review applications based on merit and how they meet The A100’s by-laws and requirements. The committee maintains the right to not extend an offer of admission to all applicants.
Steps to become a memberThe A100 accepts new members three times a year. January 1, April 1 and October 1. Here’s the path to membership.
- Online application
- Candidate application review by A100
- A100 Board ratifies successful candidates
- New member onboarding